Many people understand the importance of a resume, but there are not many that understand what a good resume is all about. A good resume could be the difference between you getting that dream job, or sticking to that old job that you hate so much and only work since you have to put food on the table. In this article, we are going to discuss why it is so important to have a good resume. A resume is your first impression to the potential employer, and it is important that you make impressive. Below are some of the formats that the resumes can come in:
A chronological resume
This resume starts off with the most recent employment history or education, showing the dates in a timeline. It emphasizes the job titles that you’ve held and the employment history over the skills you have, working best for people with a stable employment progression. This will work best for you if:
- If you have a stable employment history.
- Staying in the same field.
- If your job titles show increased responsibility and higher position levels.
- Your past job titles match employer job requirements.
A functional resume
This one focusses more on the skills that you have and not your job history, and works best for:
- Graduates and those wanting to make a career change
- Those wanting to highlight specific skills, knowledge, or abilities.
- You’re re-entering the job market after an absence.
- If you have a variety of different or unrelated work experiences.
- You have large gaps in your work history
Resumes should have the following information:
- Contact Information
- Career Profile – summary of skills
- Work Experience
There are many people that don’t know how to write resumes, but that shouldn’t be a problem because they could always seek the help of professional resume services. A resume consultant NYC, should be able to write up the sort of resume that you need for whatever job you’re chasing after. Cover letters and resumes could be quite a challenge to write, and especially for those that have just graduated and have no experience at all. This could make them loose out on great job opportunities that they would have snatched up if their resumes were more appealing. This is where companies like the NYC Resume, Interview & Online Prep come in, drafting for you professional resumes and cover letters that will ensure that you get those jobs. They can be a great influence and the reason why you’re going to get that job you’ve been waiting for such a long time. Some of the services that they offer include:
- Resume writing services
- Cover letter writing services
- Professional bio writing services to showcase your professional achievements, credentials, and highlight awards or recognition
- They teach you how to make your LinkedIn profile look professional
A good resume is a must if you’re after getting that dream job, and if you feel that you’re not up to writing it, don’t miss out on that job when you can seek the services of professionals.